PIALE 2012

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Piale 2012 Forum

5 posters

Should mobile phones be allowed in class?

Nacho

Should mobile phones be allowed in class? Empty Should mobile phones be allowed in class?

Post by Nacho Thu May 24, 2012 9:24 pm

Hello everyone.

I think I´ve chosen an easy topic for discussion because all of us are teachers so it´s very possible that our opinion about it will be the same.

Mobiles don´t aren't be allowed in class because nowadays, mobiles are not only a phones...they are much more (like a little computers). So children could use it to take photos (from of the lessons or teachers), for entertainment, cheating in the exams and so on. I´m I agree that the mobiles are very useful but not at school because if one pupil needs to phone home or whatever...he they can do it so using the school phone of school.

We can´t forgotten mustn't forget that the mobiles could be stolen so the best option is not to bring it them to school.
    Clive
    Clive
    Admin

Should mobile phones be allowed in class? Empty Re: Should mobile phones be allowed in class?

Post by Clive Thu May 24, 2012 9:59 pm

What about teachers using mobile phones when they should be teaching? Do you think this rule should apply to teachers as well?

Last edited by Clive on Fri May 25, 2012 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Vicente Moreno Pastor

Should mobile phones be allowed in class? Empty Re: Should mobile phones be allowed in class?

Post by Vicente Moreno Pastor Fri May 25, 2012 8:04 am

Hi everyone!!!!
    I think the mobile use is very important today in the World. But the misuse generates problems to for people. In the classroom it's imposible to have mobile phones with young people.
    Nacho

Post by Nacho Fri May 25, 2012 10:03 pm

Clive wrote:What about teachers using mobile phones when they should be teaching? Do you think this rule should apply to teachers as well.

Hello Clive

I think this rule should apply to students and teachers, but probably not all teachers are would agree. In my case, I have never used mobile while I'm in class (I have it shout turned off or "in silence") because I think we have to be an example for our pupils.

Anyway I know that there is a difference between teachers and pupils...but there are some things that we don't have to do (eg. using mobile phones at classroom), unless the teacher uses his smartphone as a computer to improve his methodology but never for making calls.

I suppose presume that you're you agree with me in this point of view.
    Mayte

Post by Mayte Mon May 28, 2012 5:57 am

I agree with you, Nacho. I use my ipad for to show pictures or severals examples to my pupils. I never use my mobile like a phone but like a dictionary, or for the Internet...
    I think we must be an example, but we aren't in at the same level.
    BEGOÑA

Should mobile phones be allowed in class? Empty Begoña's opinion

Post by BEGOÑA Tue May 29, 2012 11:25 am

I absolutely agree with you Nacho. I think that we live in a changeable society, and we should change our way of working to work, using new technology in our classes. But we have to take into account that teachers have to be a good example for our pupils, so we shouldn't use telephones when we are working.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:00 am