PIALE 2012

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Piale 2012 Forum

4 posters

Should nuclear power be banned?

Javier Romero

Should nuclear power be banned? Empty Should nuclear power be banned?

Post by Javier Romero Thu May 24, 2012 10:58 am

My opinion is not so clear after Fukushima accident.
    Ivan Villafaina

Should nuclear power be banned? Empty Re: Should nuclear power be banned?

Post by Ivan Villafaina Thu May 24, 2012 3:49 pm

I feel very safe in Spain if we compare us with France where they're there are more than 20 nuclear plants! However, I think nuclear plants are a mistake. People talk about other options (after finishing the oil reserves) such as a solar panels, wind energy, some platforms in the sea which take advantage of the sea wave energy, etc.. But the real problem I think is the resources overexploitation of resources. We must think about the rithm level of consumption. I think we are going in a the wrong direction (and maybe it is too late to come back!!) APOCALYPSSSSE!!!
    Nacho

Post by Nacho Thu May 24, 2012 9:44 pm

I don´t think nuclear power should be banned. In spite of the Fukushima accident and another one along the history in the past, nuclear power is an excelent source of energy and environmentally cleaner than oil or coal. Nuclear power provides oil independence, jobs, etc.

I don´t haven't forgotten the problems and risks because of its use, I know the high cost of its instalations and the need to improve their security....But if we could make them safer, we could use utlise a great source of energy.
    Javier Romero

Post by Javier Romero Fri May 25, 2012 11:39 am

I agree with you, Iván - we should all reduce our level of energy consumption. And I think you are right, Nacho, when you stress the importance of security. I remember I read somewhere some weeks ago that the main reason of for nuclear accidents is budget reductions who which affects security.
    Belen Fernandez

Post by Belen Fernandez Wed May 30, 2012 11:32 am

I agree with Nacho's opinion. Maybe, nuclear power is the most cleaner cleanest powder at the moment. There is are more problems around the fossil fuels than the nuclear powder. When the fusion nuclear fusion was is in, we will talk about this.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 4:56 pm